Saturday, April 26, 2008

Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are better than you.

So Bighead, P and I went to see Baby Mama tonight at the Pavilion.
I LOOOVE Tina Fey. (I love her so much that I'm going to have Neighborhoodies make me a t-shirt that says, "Mrs. Tina Fey." [Weird. Yes. But I love you, so deal with it Tina. I mean, please accept it as the compliment that it is and not creepycreepiness.]) I know that she’s not from The City but she used to write for SNL and she’s rocking my socks on 30 Rock and she just… fits here. (Anyway she lives here now and has for a while and, speaking on behalf of The City, we're going to keep her.) She’s smart and funny and attractive and a brunette and has great glasses. I mean, she’s either a lesbian or a NYer.

I’m going to add a list of people who might not be from NYC but should be. I’m going to start compiling it this weekend and I’m going to put Ms. Fey near the top of the list.

Dear Ms. Poehler,
I think that you are also super-duper awesome. I've been saying, "Bitch, I don't know your life," for weeks now. I'm also going to start saying, "I'm clean! I'm clean!" I love that you give interviews from the Jacuzzi and I think mostly that I'd be honored to be the lovechild of Angie Ostrowski and GOB Bluth. Because you are wicked funny.
Please don't think that because Ms. Fey had my heart first, she has overshadowed your genius. I'm even willing to overlook the fact that you love the Boston Redsocks because you are wicked awesome.
...A


Anyhoodle, the movie was supposed to take place in Philly but they shot nearly everything in Park Slope. Why? Because Brooklyn is freaking awesome, ya’ll. The opening date shot was done at Tempo, one of my favorite places to go with La Cabeza to spoil ourselves.

There’s really little that I like more than seeing the City (particularly places I know and actually haunt) on the big screen. And (regardless of much as I grow less and less fond of Carrie Bradshaw with every passing Sex and the City rerun) I was superthrilled to see the Sex and the City trailer. There’s bound to be some very romantic shots of my favorite city in the world in that flick.

No comments: