Wednesday, July 2, 2008

GOlympics!


I don't know yet, why I haven't enthused on this blog about the Olympics seeing as how I'm a HUGE fan and every night this week (since she discovered the nightly coverage because she's the best that NYC has to offer) Bighead and I have been sitting down to watch the trials.

Which trials?
ANY trials. It really doesn't matter to me. If it says "Olympic" in front of it I am there on the edge of my couch rooting for these athletes to accomplish their grandest dreams.

Perhaps I haven't talked about the Olympics because I haven't found a way to connect it to New York City (though now that I'm thinking about it I can let you in a the little secret that I was really pulling for NYC to win its bid for 2012 even though I knew that the traffic and everything else about it would be a total nightmare. Despite all of the CRAP that it would meant to my fellow NYers, I believe that NYC can throw down the most awesome Olympics yet. 2016. 2020. 20whenever don't give up on your dream NYC!) until today.


The NY Times gave me this little NYC-Olympics link and I am terribly pleased.

A hearty GOOD LUCK to Lesley Higgins as she steeple-chases her Olympic dreams!

No comments: