Monday, July 21, 2008

Sometimes living in NYC is like a movie. Sometimes that's not a good thing.

Today leaving work I noticed a crowd of people gathered just South of the Whitehall Street R stop on the East side of the Staten Island Ferry. They were looking past the yellow and red tape that cordoned off the street and at the car which had accordioned into the barrier and at the mass covered in tarp.

I didn't think any of it as I scurried down the steps to the train. Earlier in the day on the other side of the building, I'd pointed out the trailer and tech trucks for some sort of filming that was happening. I assumed that whatever was causing people to mill about while I was trying desperately to make the next train had something to do with a movie that I would probably never see.

It wasn't.
This is the barest of information but I am sure that there will be more info later tonight or tomorrow. I'll try and post it.

No comments: