Monday, August 11, 2008

An Olymic rant against Boston.

At a party the other night (at Superfine which turned out to be aptly named, as it was a superfine spot for a mellow yet quite hip party by the bar on Saturday evening) I made the comment that if Boston ever got to host the Olympic Games before New York did I would be beside myself with anger.

Perhaps I am biased. I do, in fact, hate Boston and most things from Boston. Having spent my later childhood in the Hartford, Connecticut area, it would always blow my mind that people would chose to go to Boston rather than NYC when the two were pretty much equidistant. Really, Boston has nothing to offer than New York does not.
New York, not Boston, is the premier city in the East. Always has been. Always will be.

Now, of course, the Olympics here would be a total hassle. I mean, I can't even deal with the regular tourist traffic. It would be madness, absolute madness, if there were Olympic traffic on top of that. London is trying to get its Olympics completely accessible by mass transit. That would never happen with the MTA.

So yes, while I acknowledge that an NYC Olympics would be a logistic nightmare it would be even greater nightmare if Boston got it.

Because Boston completely sucks Titan toes.

No comments: