Sunday, May 11, 2008

This post is about Barbra Streisand.


First of all, heh!

Second of all, I’m not sure how I’ve managed to start a blog about NYC and NOT include, at the very beginning, mention of my love of Barbra Streisand.

I love Barbra Joan Streisand. I love her so much, I forgive for supporting Hillary.
And at this point in the game... that is love. I Luv huh.
I mean, I admire her and everything, but I also think that she's kinda hot.
This is not a joke.

This...


...really does something for me.

I love her Brooklyn accent.
I love her crazy long nails.
I love her nose. I trulytruly do.
I loved Meet the Fockers.
I love that she painted Oprah’s microphone white to match her needs.
I love that she went through like 10 years of “Farewell” concerts.
I love that she loves dogs.
I love that she has stage-fright. (I do too.)
I love the way that she moves her jaw all crazy-like to create sound.
I love the sound that she creates. Her voice sends shivers down my spine. I shit you not. Honest to goodness shivers. I got a little bit choked up while watching Hello Dolly! when she sang “Before the Parade Passes By.” I shush people so that I can hear the word “luckiest” of “People” because she really does this amazing spinning of the notes… the whole phrase seems to accelerate. She’s amazing.
I love that she’s demanding and at times difficult and she's totally unapologetic about it.
I love that she did a musical that was directed by Gene Kelly himself and somehow only managed to do one dance move. One!

Barbra Streisand is the type of lady who would cut a bitch for stealing her cab and I approve of that.

Brooklyn born. Broadway raised.
Barbra Streisand is totally fucking NewYorkCity to me.

No comments: