Monday, June 2, 2008

Afternoon Stroll.




Today I circumnavigated Prospect Park.

I walked down Flatbush from Empire to Grand Army Plaza and then back up Prospect Park West to Prospect Park Southwest to Parkside Avenue (okay, so I guess because I didn't walk on Ocean it wasn't totally a circumnavigation but I am counting it as such because I had to go back down Flatbush again later in the evening to meet A for dinner).


It's a really beautiful park and it was really interesting to see the change in the neighborhoods (both the people and the architecture).
Seeing the Library and the Arch on one end to the beautiful statues of the gates on the other ends, and the lake and the Parade Grounds really filled me with a love of the Park and of Brooklyn (or at least this part). I could live pretty much anywhere around the Park and be perfectly happy -and feel perfectly at home and at ease with The City.

No comments: