Monday, June 2, 2008

Neat-o!

My boss' office on the 16th floor has quite a lovely view of Governor's Island.
Last week, while waiting for her to sign something, I looked out of the windows (as I am want to do) and saw something new along the coastline.

I saw scaffolding.
I couldn't figure out what it was. I thought that it might have been the beginnings of a ramp for speed boating but then I realized that the scaffolding was too high and close to the shore for that to be so and that it would just be plain irresponsible to do any kind of speed boating event in that particular area of the harbor because it's quite busy.

And then I came across this article in the NYTimes explaing that Olafur Eliasson is going to be doing a waterfall installment and I could barely contain my excitement. This is going to be so awesome! Apparently, Mr. Eliasson doesn't hold much truck with Paul McCartney.

Visting these waterfalls is TOTALLY on my Summer To-Do List!

No comments: